Literature Form One
Poem Sad I Ams
Language and Style | Tone, Mood and Atmosphere | Rhyme and Rhythm
Language and Style
- The poem consists of four stanzas.
- The style is simple and direct - written as a description of how the person feeling sad, neglected and unwanted.
- The language is simple and easy to understand.
Tone, Mood and Atmosphere
- Desolation, sadness - the persona feels sad and takes a serious view about feeling lost.
- Loneliness - this feeling of loneliness is prevalent in the poem.
- Nostalgic and regretful - abandonment and neglect give rise to feelings of nostalgia and regret. It is disappointing to feel neglected and unloved.
Rhyme and Rhythm
- The poem does not have a fixed rhyme scheme.
- Written in four stanzas: Stanza 1 - 7 lines, Stanza 2 - 11 lines, Stanza 3 - 7 lines, Stanza 4 - 9 lines
- The poem has uneven line lengths.
- The rhyming pattern is not consistent.
More on Sad I Ams (Click Here).
Other materials on Literature Form One (Click Here).